Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Snow retreat

My friend Penny and I headed to Greenville Thursday morning, and into the rain and sleet. It was retreat time, and we could not miss it. Through sleet and snow we drove for 3 hours. By the time we arrived we had about 3 inches of snow. Now this is East Texas, we do not get lots of snow. We do not know what to do with it, do you shovel it or huddle by the fire. We could build a snowman. We older 13 ladies just admired it, and left that to the our kids and grandkids. Another thing I discovered is, We also can not drive in it.

So we solved the problem and stayed in the warmth and sewed. By Friday morning we had a little over 6 inches of the fluffy clean white stuff. The world was silent and clean . So we sewed some more, and took pictures.

By Saturday it was time to go out and visit the local Quilt Shop. Penny and I had left 2 crockpots cooking away and started out with Sarah to visit the quilt shop and the book store. Spent some money and went back to check out dinner.

Now dinner was a disaster, I don't think we will ever do that again. To much wine in the stew, and it overwhelmed everything. We also decided we need to decorate room Doors. This has to be done by May.

I will try to put pictures in this addition of my blog. I think I need a lesson on placing pictures on this blog. I will try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment